Thursday, July 5, 2012

the next step

I went to see Dr. Brown for my followup visit post surgery today.  He didn't really tell me anything new.  He went over my pathology report again and told me the nodes are negative for cancer, my margins are clear but the tumor which we thought was 1.8 cm was actually 3.7 cm.  He took some of the tissue around the tumor which totaled 5.1cm taken!!  No wonder I had a big dent! haha
I am still feeling the stress of it all and the thought of I HAVE BREAST CANCER.  It is unbelievable!  It feels like I will wake up and life will be normal again, but I know that will come later, normal life I mean.
What is the next step you ask???  Well I am waiting (doctors seem to like keeping you waiting) for my appt with the medical oncologist Dr. Hargis and my radiologist Dr. Cornett.  It appears I may have to receive chemotherapy in addition to radiation because of my age and the size of the tumor.  But I won't know anything more until I meet with the oncologist.  Just keep checking my blog for updates and I will try to keep it uplifting as God is lifting me up in faith.  That is why I called this outstanding faith.  Because with all that is going on in my life and Rob's life, we have outstanding faith that God will carry us through this valley and guide us in the direction we need to be.  He is walking with us all the way and sometimes carries me.

Love you all

1 comment:

  1. Don't know what else to say other than love you so much! Stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete