Sunday, April 3, 2022

wobbly desk

 


This is my little corner of learning. This started 4/1/22. Nope. Not an April's fool joke. It is FOR REAL! After I got registered and started looking at my first class and the syllabus and assignments, I started to think, WHAT WAS I THINKING???!  Well it is day 3 and I am still thinking this.  I got my desk, and had to put it together. I thought, I can do this. Well, a few minutes later, me and my daughter were putting it together. When we were putting the final piece on we realized I got the top piece on backwards and had to drill a hole to hold the side shelf! I wasn't about to take it apart and start over. 

It is good to go out of your comfort zone, learn new things. You are never to old to learn. You are never to old to hear I love you, or I am proud of you. As a parent, I try to impart these words and actions to my children. I want them to know how much my husband and I love them and how much we are proud of them and the adults they have become.

In the same way, I love to hear this as well from my parents and family. And they let me know. It is a warm feeling to know you are loved and it comforts you to know that someone feels this way...they are proud of you. To know that they trust me and seek out my guidance as a nurse shows how much they love me.
I am comforted and look forward to seeing my dad wave at me when I leave their house. He stands outside and waits for me to back out, and waves.  It is a memory I will always have. It reminds of other memories I have, like sitting at the kitchen table with my memaw and mama just talking about life and boyfriends. Or talking to my papaw on the phone. Sitting with my parents-in-law at church and looking forward to being with them at the service. Holiday gatherings with my family, the WHOLE family.
The memory of my husband telling me how beautiful I am when I was going through chemo treatment and I lost my hair and gained 20 pounds. (I can rock a bald head!) When my son, who was 4 at the time, put his hands on my cheeks and said "I love you mom". And the wonderful feeling that your daughter wants to spend time with  you and says you are the "cool mom". And you already know that I AM the cool mom!!

There is so many ways to feel loved and I have so much to be thankful for. This love fills me up and spills over for me to give this love to others. 

So hopefully my little desk will last with me pounding away at my computer for 2 years. Then I can celebrate with everyone our accomplishment of my masters degree! Yes, we all will celebrate because we all earned this. I did the work, but they all had to put up with me, my crying and whining and giving me encouragement to keep going forward.

Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment