Sunday, April 10, 2022

Women in my life: M-I-L

 

                                                  


Yes that is what this one is about: Mom-in law.  So when you read that, I know that you are probably thinking, WHAT?? Your mother in law. NO, my mom in law and YES. She is at the top of my list of those women that have influenced me throughout my life. Some marry into families and do not get to know their spouses parents well. I have been fortunate that both my family and my hubs family are all close. We celebrate together our life events.

I have known her since I was a little girl. We first met at church. But we didn't get to really know each other until me and the hubs started dating when I was 15. And even then, we were not that close. It wasn't until after I got married, that our relationship started. And it hasn't stopped growing.

She has helped me through a lot of difficult times. Through my pregnancy and after the kids were born, she helped clean my house, laundry (and yes, to my embarrassment, she folded my underwear!) She is a good cook and back scratcher! She made us meals to have when we didn't feel like cooking. And when I was tired and worn out she would just rub my back. So much love. It is like I have 2 mommas. 

She will baby sit grands and this includes her grand dog too. She loves with all her heart. Everyone. She shows this by volunteering in her community and church, too  

She used to needlepoint but is not able to continue this hobby now. The projects that she has given me throughout the years, I cherish them all.

I have learned a lot from her about giving of yourself and faith. She lives this example and teaches it to those who know her.  

"Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it." —Proverbs 22:6


Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment