Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Women in my life collection: momma

Daughter and momma

Me and my momma

 I am starting a collection of series about the wonderful women in my life that have influenced me throughout my life.  So the best way to start this is with my momma!

I am in a bible study with my momma and we meet every Tuesday. Well, almost every Tuesday. It is a joy to spend time with her each week and I get a free meal out of it too. Who said bribery doesn't work!

My momma is my best friend. Growing up, I never would have thought this would happen. I gave her a tough time growing up. Yup, I was not the perfect kid. But I would like to think I have grown into the perfect woman!! She is my confidant, my person, my tribe. My person that I can talk to and she will understand. AND, she gives her opinion for FREE! 

I know that when I was growing up and dating and having boy troubles, she was there. During the times of of anxiety of getting married, infertility, she was there. She understood and supported me throughout my cancer, because she knew what I was going through. She listened, held me, cried with me.

Now I am not saying that the hubs wasn't there for me during most of these times, but it's different with a spouse than with your momma. Sometimes you just need your momma. At times the claws come out and we just have to walk away from each other for a while. Especially when she gives that free advice! (just joking mom!) But then there are the special times when there is just no words needed. It is just a look or simple act to know that I am loved.

I saw that growing up with my mom with other people. I saw it with her taking care of her mother until the end. I saw the humanness in her come out with frustration she had and the hard work she did. But she gave that all over to God and continued on. I saw her do the little things; preparing her meals, wiping her mouth, getting her dressed and even more. 

I know I can always count on my momma. She is a prayer warrior. She loves deeply. She has a big heart. For example, she makes Christmas ornaments every year for all her nieces and nephews. That is like 25-30 she makes each year! Last year, she got a itch to make quilts for them all and her sisters. Well she made about 13 quilts last year! WOW! After much complaining and whining, I got one this year! And I love it. I will cherish it. (She also made one for my daughter at the same time).

That is love in action. I am a witness to it and have been on the other end of her love (and her whoop'ns) 

She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. 26 She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. 27 She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. 28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: 29 "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." 30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. 31 Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate. Proverbs 31:25-31

Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment