Saturday, March 26, 2022

Thank you for the small things



Do you think about those small things? Those things that really make a difference, but we really don't notice them.
I had my family in my house this week.  Both kids. Grown kids. This is something I took for granted in the past. Now when the kids come home, I realize that I miss it. To have those quiet times with all of us just sitting in the living room together. We may not be saying much, but the togetherness was so much more. The family dinners and the conversations we have. I miss all of this. I won't miss the messy house when everyone is here! I see some things don't change. My son is back to his home right now and I can tell he is gone. Summer can't get here fast enough for when he returns!

The small like an encouraging word, hug, or even a smile can give someone that encouragement to someone that may need a lift that day. And you may not even know that you gave it to them! I have been on the receiving ends of this. And I know that when I am down or not feeling good, that smile or someone just telling me I did a good job or even thank you has made the day more bearable. I try to encourage those around me. I try to not dwell on the negative. I think I am doing pretty good and suppressing my negative Nelly in me and seeing more of positive Pete!

Find the good in each day. Write a blessing you have each day and reflect on it. Look for things in the day that cause you to smile. One of the many things that cause me to smile (and sometimes to really wonder why) is my dog Riley. She is so playful and loving. Dogs have a sense to give unconditional love, no matter what. She plays, cuddles and is so annoying at times! but she will have that look sometimes that just causes me to laugh and smile. Find the joy in life, in the small things.

God is working through us all, whether you like it or not. We are all part of his plan and we need to decide which side are we on. Is your heart opened for God?

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11
"But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called "Today", so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness." Hebrews 3:13

Love to all,



No comments:

Post a Comment