Saturday, October 6, 2012

WOW, what a doozy!

Well this week has been a real treat, (hear the sarcasm yet??),  My treatment has really laid me up this week.I have experienced so much nausea that I came so close to puke. So much that I can't eat anything for fear of seeing my puke!  So much neuropathy in my hands, that I can hardly hold my water or rub Ty's back, so much in my feet and legs that I can't sit or lay still to relax or sleep.
Just the overwhelming feeling of not feeling good and life still has to go on.
I mean, I have so many that depend on me and I need to do things.  I mean I should say, I WANT TO DO THESE THINGS.  I don't want this cancer to take away the joys I have.

So I pressured through my girl scout troops halloween party on Thursday.  It was so much FUN!  These girls are the best.  They always give me a smile.  And as I promised, here is my princess costume....


So I look kinda normal.
Then on Friday, I pressured through taking the kids to their youth group bonfire.  No I didn't stay, but I had to pick them up to.  Erin's friend stayed the night at our house that night. And really after Igot home from picking them up from the bonfire, I don't remember much, I went to bed on phenergan, hoping I can get to sleep and not throw up.

Hey God, when I started this, I thought I asked to keep the nausea down some. Well HE did answer one request, no vomiting. (at least not yet).  So I know he does listen to me and answer my prayers.

So today has been a lay around the house on the couch, watching tv/movies day.  I did venture out with Erin to Penny's because she "needed" a new pair of shoes.  And while I am on my little shoe outing today, it seems that I am a magnet for people who want to take donations for breast cancer.  REALLY, do they not think that I already have given to the cause?? (just by the way I look??)  I guess not, because when I say no thank you, I already gave, they look at me like I am lying.  Whatever, they will never know what I am going through, and I don't have enough strength to take this battle.  AND our Susan G. Komen walk is next Saturday OCT 13th. I hope everyone can come.

I am starting to eat and hold it down, WHOO HOO!!  These big chemo weeks are getting worse and worse.  Thank goodness I only have 2 more.  DID YOU HEAR ME??? 2 MORE BIG ONES!!

So my strength comes from the LORD (and knowing I am going to be on the beach soon to relax!). 

So as I leave you today, 2 Samuel 22:2, "The lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer."  I know this trial will soon be over and another chapter in my life will begin.

Love to all, 


2 comments:

  1. Just so ya know! The wig looks fantastic! I am so proud of you for overcoming the fear of wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your head up Autumn!! The Lord will continue to see you through!! Glad you are keeping your food down :]

    ReplyDelete