Saturday, October 13, 2012

The race for the cure


Today I had the great opportunity to walk with some great women.  Not only women (and one man!! Ha) that I knew, but women who are going through and have been through breast cancer.  It is amazing how much this affects others and their families.
I walked but couldn't finish.  Sad that I am that out of shape, but that is what happens with this. I will never look at another person going through this type of treatment and think that they need to eat better or should be exercising.
I SHOULD BE DOING THESE THINGS!!  But the exhaustion of just doing your every day life takes hold of the tiredness, and the weight gain, well that comes from the drugs you are taking.  Sad, Sad, Sad.

Well there was a wave of pink at Irquois Park this morning and it was great.  To all the women and families that are going through this or may go through this, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!




Psalms 119:74: Those who fear you shall see me and rejoice, because I have hoped in your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment