Friday, October 19, 2012

sing and praise in this world of sadness

So I have been following on facebook about Lane Goodwin.  Well for those who don't know him, he was a 13 yr old that had cancer.  If you followed them on facebook, his mom would post about his progress with childhood cancer, her trials, his trials, and pictures of him.
As she posted pictures, as a nurse, I could just watch and see that he was loosing his battle with cancer.
As a mom, I could not even imagine having to go through loosing one of my children.
It helps me understand what my parents may be going through with me.  Even though I am (cough) 44  yrs old, I am still their child.  So it must be hard for them to watch their "baby girl" deal with sickness even though I AM GOING TO MAKE IT THROUGH THIS!

I pray that the Goodwin family has peace now, and for them to have strength to go on.  It looks like they have a lot of support.  I know I couldn't go through any of this with out my friends and family support.
So remember them in your prayers.  Even though he may be well known throughout the "facebook" family, there are many others dealing and surviving cancer of all ages.  My Mom is a 17 yr survivor of breast cancer, I am a 4 month survivor of breast cancer, granny Faye is a <1 month survivor of brain cancer and I can go on and on.
I am reminded of old hymns lately and one that stands out to me is "leaning on the everlasting arms". I can remember singing this in church when I was young but never really understood.  Now I can relate and understand it and it means so much more. "Leaning, Leaning, safe and secure from all alarm.  Leaning, Leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms."
Oh now my mind is just singing away.  Another favorite I just got reconnected with at Beth Moore conference is (and sing with me if you want), "Victory in Jesus, my Savior forever.  He sought me and bought me with his redeeming blood.  He loved 'ere I knew him and all my love is due him. He plunged me to Victory beneath the cleansing flood."
Praise Him!!

Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment