Monday, December 3, 2012

It's a wonderful life!

I just love this time of year!  Everyone is so happy and friendly, willing to help others.
My girls in the girl scout troop gave money to donate for items for the Simon house in Frankfort.  It is a house that helps homeless women and their children get back on their feet.
My church was able to put together 130 shoe boxes for the operation Christmas child.  It is so awesome to see this kind of generosity.  I just wish it would last all year, all the time.

Well, I went out today shopping and I wore my wig!! Really having a hard time getting use to it.  I guess I am so use to seeing myself with out hair, that having hair is something new now.  Who would have known.  Now that my hair is slowly starting to grow back, I figure I should get me and everyone else use to seeing me with it.  Well, while I was out today, no one looked at me funny or said anything about my hair.  I think that is great, so I guess my wig looks natural. (I'm hoping).

I start my radiation treatments Monday Dec 10th.  I go everyday (M-F) for 30 treatments.  I am hoping to get it all done by Jan 23rd.  That is if I don't miss any.

So everyone is asking how am I doing. I am doing great.  I am slowly getting back to normal I think.  I mean, I don't feel sick and hopefully I can ward off the tiredness when the radiation starts. I am exercising and trying to get a routine down.  I feel much better.  Thank you for asking.

I am keeping the faith and trusting in Jesus that he will pull me through the tough times ahead and I will rejoice when I don't have any!!

My verse of the day is this:
"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment