Sunday, September 9, 2012

The new me!!

OK so me and mom went shopping last week and I got a new wig.  I know I was saying that I would not wear them.  But...
We took those wigs I bought on line (which is a mistake for any of you out there wanting one, go to a store!), to The Wig Shoppe in Louisville off of Hurstborne Lane. The lady who helped me was so awesome.  I can't say enough about her.  She made me feel so good about myself.

First she said, let me see your wigs.  She wasn't too happy that I bought them online.  The first one, she didn't even wait, she just popped it off my head and said, this one is not you. ( I have not even met her before this day!)
The second one, she tried to work with but I just didn't like how it looked or felt on my head.  I told her I was a scarf girl.

So she had me try on one wig of hers just to feel the difference.  And there was a difference but I just couldn't get past that these were wigs.  I feel that when I walk out of the house with it on, everyone will know I have a wig on.  So she brought out the scarves.  They are so pretty.  And feel good to wear.  I got 2!!
But before I left, she wanted me to try on another wig.  I am sure it was the saleswoman in her!!  But, once I put it on, it looked so natural, similar to what my hair looked like before, just without all the spiky hair in the back.  So I got it!! Or I should tell you, my daddy got it for me!!  YES...I AM A DADDY'S GIRL!!  So what's it to ya!!  you can laugh all you want, but I have the best parents in the world!
And while I am on parents, my second set of parents, my in-laws (which are not really like in-laws but closer) are awesome too.  I am lucky to have them in my life!!

So I guess I will get to really good part that you all have been waiting for, the picture.  So here it is:


So what do you all think??? I like, so if you don't, I won't sweat it because it is what I think is what matters!! HA.  I sent back the other 2 ugly wigs.

So my verse today is my favorite all time verse I want to share with you.  I picked it because I feel good today and I am soaring on wings of eagles!!
Isaiah 40: 28-31; "Do you not know? Have you not heard?  The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the if the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives STRENGTH to the weary, and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; BUT those who HOPE in the Lord will RENEW their strength.  They will SOAR ON WINGS LIKE EAGLES; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint."

After I read this I just want to say AMEN, don't you!!
Love to all,




2 comments:

  1. I love the wig. It looks so natural! You are right! Glad the lady made you feel good :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does look so similar to your "old" hair. I love all your looks. I loved your old spikey hair. I love the shaved "I'll beat cancer" look. I love the beautiful scarves. And, I love this new hair! As long as your happy, girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete