Tuesday, September 25, 2012

a rainy day

Today is a wonderful rainy day!! As I sit here in my chemo treatment, I am looking out the window at all the rain God is sending us today.

It was a long drive today with all the traffic and then I think they forgot about me in the waiting room and had to wait extra long.  With all this frustration, of course my blood pressure was up on my pre checks.  The tech asks if I have any stress, well what do you think??? HA
Then when my nurse tries to draw my blood from my port, it starts to act up and not want to give us blood.  I am thinking, what is going on today.  Then I say to myself, devil go away.  You are not going to make this day a bad day!!
So now I sit here looking out my window and thinking about how it is going to be wonderful day.
It is so hard for me to get down and think so negative.  But I have to keep reminding myself that it could always be worse.  And I am sure some people look at me and say that to themselves too!!  I get in the pity party and say why me??  Then I think, why not me.  why not?? I wish it wasn't me, but why not??  God has a way of kicking you in the butt and telling you it is His way not mine.  As I have said before, He uses those who are weak to show others that He is strong.  I am a weak one, that's for sure!!
I am so lucky to be alive and have people who love me.
So the song playing in my ears is Redeemed by Big Daddy Weave.  It is awesome and reminds me that God has redeemed me and set me free. I am changed and made new in Christ. Anything I ask of God, he listens and will answer.
1 John 5:14-15: "And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that is we ask anything according to his will he hears us.  And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him."
This is God's promise. I take comfort in everything He tells me.  I am growing in my faith and trust but I know God will never leave me.

Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment