Thursday, September 20, 2012

Over the HUMP....

Well I had my 3rd of 6 BIG chemo treatments last week.  So I am half way through them!! Can I hear a whoot whoot!.
It appears that the side affects are going to be different each time.  This past week I was so nauseous, close to puking.  I just stayed in my drug induced coma-like state til Monday.  Then as soon as they started it was over.  I just wish the "being tired all the time" feeling would go away at some point.
So mark your calendars:
The date of my last BIG chemo is Nov 13th!!  I see the radiologist Dr. Cornett on Nov 5th to determine when I start my radiation treatments.  It looks like they will start sometime the first of December.

So the things I know to expect will happen on my big chemo weeks are:
nausea, GI upset, no appetite, mouth hurting, food tastes bad, sleep all the time from taking phenergan, my body swelling up.

Things I know I can count on:
Rob there loving me
Tyler rubbing my swollen hands and sore back
Erin singing and making me laugh (and sometimes giving me a hard time! HA)
My church helping us out with dinner
My family calling and encouraging me
My friends keeping positive thoughts in my mind
And the most important thing is that my God will never leave me.

Thank you all for everything you are doing for me. The cards, prayers, encouragement doesn't go unnoticed and is very much appreciated. 
So I have 2 weeks until I have another treatment, so I need to enjoy it while I can, the feeling normal part I mean.

So another promise I leave you with:
Revelation 21:4 "He will wipe every tear from their eyes.  There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Love to all,

1 comment:

  1. A student brought me a pink breast cancer bear today. It made me think of you. :-) Praying for you daily!

    ReplyDelete