Sunday, October 31, 2021

Submission


 Submission. Can you do it? Sometimes it is hard to submit to others, or to compromise. I was faced with this today. To submit to God and step out of my comfort zone. To walk in the path God has set before me each day. It may be at work, in a store, at home or even at church. I just need to have that faith. Hebrews 11:1 says, Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Our church sermon series is on submission. It has taught me a lot, especially today. You see, today I heard my inner voice say to me, pray for that man. I saw a man a few rows up from me. He was crying and the service just started. Something was aching his heart, troubling his soul. I Prayed. Hard. I don't know his troubles or demons, but it was some heavy ones to have him on his knees, crying to God.

I felt a push to go sit by him or just put my hand on his back for comfort, but I couldn't get there without causing a scene, causing others to notice. So I just prayed for him. Prayed for God to open the eyes of those around him to comfort him. My prayers were answered. He did receive that comfort of those around him.

BUT GOD....He still had other plans for me. I think he wanted me to say something to him. I was going to go up to this man after church but he took off and I didn't see him. Then as I was walking out he ended up right beside me! I feel that God placed him in my path. I had to muster all the courage in my mind to say something to him. I obeyed. I felt stupid, but I said- I noticed you in church and your tears and have prayed for you. I hope my words and the support of the others around him will help him know he is loved. 

I am glad I obeyed God. I have felt this inner voice before and have not acted because I was scared or would feel stupid. I say, never be afraid to obey God. To take that step in faith, in whatever God has called you to do, no matter how small or big.

I will continue to pray for this man in the red shirt from church.  God has touched his soul, his heart for a reason. He was placed in my path for a reason. I may not know why, but I am not always going to.

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved." Ephesians 2:4-5


Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment