Thursday, October 7, 2021

Comfort

 What brings you comfort? I'm not talking about a temporary comfort like food, or drink or watching a movie (or chocolate!).  I am talking about true comfort.

When I was visiting my parents I noticed my dad's hands. They look like my papaws hands that I remember as I was growing up. To me, my dad's hands represent so many things.



They represent strength, that has carried me when I was sick. Hands that gave me comfort when I was scared. Hands that love, that was shown to others in need. Hands that has strength that can build things but tender to care for a child. Hands that teach, and hands that can discipline as well.
I have so many memories of all of these of what they do in my life.
We have shared time together on mission in Honduras and I have seen his love and strength with building houses and churches. 
I have be on the receiving end of the discipline, with my last spanky butt at age 16! 
They have taught me how to drive, (I think I aged him 10 yrs), how to change a tire (which I don't remember how to anymore!), how to balance a checkbook and how to love. Dad and mom have shown me what a true, loving marriage looks like. 

He also taught me how to BE loved. Robby's hands demonstrate this to me everyday,
His hands represent love and strength of our family and life. I pray that our children see this when they see his hands. He is so understanding and celebrates with me in the good times and holds me in listens when I am having a bad day. I have been having a lot of those lately and he doesn't ever tell me he is tired of me. He listens and helps me through it. 

I am so lucky to have these 2 men in my life that support me, love me and tolerate my "blondeness" thinking at times. I just bring a new energy, comedy to our lives that only I can do. Robby tells me he never gets tired of it because it is what made him fall in love with me 38 years ago! His heart is loving but brutally honest too. If you ask a question, be ready for the true, honest answer.  Especially if you ask, does this shirt look ok? 

My heart is full. I am who I am today because of these men.

1 Corinthians 13:4-5: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."

Ephesians 4:32: "Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you."

Love to all,



No comments:

Post a Comment