Saturday, October 30, 2021

Coincidence?




 Coincidence? I don't think so. I have had it happen to me and I have heard stories of it happening to others.  

What am I talking about? When God puts people in your path at just the right moment. Or sometimes God puts you in others paths at that moment in time when it is really needed. That person placed for a comforting word, or just being present.

I was told a story this week of just this thing. A nurse had a patient who was in critical condition. This patient did not survive their illness. The patient's mother and this nurse were talking and found out that they knew each other when they were kids. They had lost touch with each other but at this moment, they were placed in each others paths. How amazing is this!

Have you experienced this in your life. I bet if you thought about it, you can think of many times that this has happened.

So much sorrow and tears in our life. But we can be that beacon of light and hope for others. You may never know what impression or good you give to someone. It may be in a small task as in getting coffee or paying for their meal. Or it can be in a word you say. But just know that people watch and see you. They may not say anything to you, but I am sure they say it to their family or friend.

I had someone tell me that they walked into their patient's room and the daughter was on the phone talking about how great the care he mother was getting and how she appreciated everything we were doing for her mother and for her. She never said anything to us, but it was nice to hear that she felt safe.

Be kind to one another.

Jesus said to love one another. 

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."   John 13:34


No comments:

Post a Comment