Saturday, May 23, 2020

Adventure day


It's always scary to try something new. Today, me and my daughter got us some bikes and went out riding! I haven't been riding in a lot of years.  I mean, A LOT of years. But I was able to manage. She hasn't ridden since she was 6. She had a bike then and was going down a hill and couldn't stop, and CRASH! The results were a broken arm. She gave it up after that! Bike sold.

So you should have seen us out there today. First we walked our bikes about a quarter mile to the church parking lot in my neighborhood. Then in true parent fashion (like you do with your younger kids teaching them how to ride), I was trying to show her how to ride a bike and run along her trying to keep her from crashing. 
It was a site to see.  Me, 52 years old, running alongside my 23 year old daughter. But after 20 minutes, she was doing it.  I am so proud of her overcoming her fears and taking on a bike. 
And glad to say no crashes to report. Arms intact.

What have you been holding back to do because you are afraid? You could be missing out on a lot of fun and experience that can be gained. Push through. Overcome the fear. 
Girl, you are strong. 

Psalms 56:3; "But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you."
Love to all,



No comments:

Post a Comment