Thursday, May 7, 2020

My privilege to serve

It's my privilege as a nurse to:
~serve you
~pray with you
~pray over you
~listen to you
~laugh with you
~cry with you
~cry for you
~hold your hand
~comfort you
~be your family when they cannot be with you
~take your pain from you
~be with you when your life is ending
~help you go in peace

This is a nurse. I have many hats in my job, but caring for my patients is why I am a nurse.
I have many privileges as a nurse with my patients, but the hardest is watching them pass away.

I got the privilege today to help someone in the end. Hold their hand. Pray over them. It was the hardest, but I know they are not hurting or suffering anymore. And I would like to think that they are with the Lord now. I pray for their family through this difficult time.

I love my job, I love my career, I love being able to give love to those in need.
I will not stop. I will press on.

Romans 13:8; Owe nothing to anyone- except for your obligation to love one another.
Romans 8:21; Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
1 John 3:11; We should love one another.

Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment