Sunday, July 9, 2017

Fruit Salad

Fruit Salad.  To some it is yummy fruit all mixed up in a bowl.  To my family, fruit salad means fun and everybody is going to get wet!

It all started many years ago, when my Aunt Vickie brought a cooler and told everyone she brought the fruit salad.  After we ate, she said it was time for the fruit salad and she broke out the cooler.  Little did us kids know, that she was going to start throwing water balloons!  It is one of the great memories I have with my family as a kid.  So now every year we have a cookout, we all ask if Aunt Vickie is going to bring her fruit salad.  The little ones now are just now beginning to understand what it means.
Yesterday, me and my brother David had a great time with it.  We started stashing some of the balloons on the deck while the kids and other adults were filling them up.  We were able to get a good stash of them before they noticed.  Then we started bombing them from the deck!  They never had a chance!  The winner of the bombing is under investigation though.  I say me and my brother won the "war", but the kids say they won!  All in all, it was a wonderful time and I was able to live out my childhood once again with David, even if it was only for about 15 minutes.
I love my family.  I feel I have an amazing family.  And I had another amazing day with them yesterday.
I also got the privilege of saying grace before dinner.  This is a honor to me to be asked to do this for my family.  Thanks dad!  I also got to see many of my family that I have not seen in a very long time and some of our adopting family came out too.  It was great having everyone together for one day.

"But is a widow has children or grandchildren, these should learn first of all to out their religion into practice by caring for their own family and so repaying their parents and grandparents, for this is pleasing to God" 1 Timothy 5:4

Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment