Sunday, July 23, 2017

Listen and GO

Ever feel that nudge to do something?  Something you think God is telling you to do and you feel like it's just in your mind.  Then that nudge never goes away.  The thought of what you need to do stays with you and doesn't go away.  I have had this feeling that God is calling me for a certain task and I just keep pushing it aside.  I have tried to ignore it but He keeps nudging me to the point that I think I have a bruise!!
 Today, I heard it again......"Autumn, this is what I want you to do. " (big clap of thunder, please).  I heard that thunder and felt that big push on my conscious.  And I said, just like all the others God asked to lead in the Bible...."But I know nothing in this area of need and I would do more harm than good."  Then God answered this through Dave in our sermon.

IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU.

SERVE others, give to others my LOVE.  It is a privilege and responsibility of all believers to serve others.  I must look at it as a JOY and EXPECTATION of Christ to serve others.
Well, there you have it.  God never said that when he asks you to follow that it would be easy.  He never said that he would put you in a place to serve in an area that you would be comfortable with it.
As a matter of fact, God puts us in places that will take us out of our comfort zone, places that show others that we are human and that God is working through us through our actions. Where we are weak, God shows that he is stronger.  I have had this experience before.  I was weak and wanted pity parties when I was battling cancer.  But God showed how strong I could be through it all.  In my weakness, he was stronger.
Philippians 2: 3-4,"in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others."

Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment