Saturday, April 30, 2016

healthy and alive


I have survived working the mini and the marathon medical tent today.  I saw so many different people of ages, body types, men and women running.  My tent was at the 25 mile mark and I only saw some minor injuries.  The determination to finish by the runners was amazing.  I had one runner ask me if there was a medical tent at the finish line.  She didn't want to stop, but finish the race.
We are all in a race.  Whether it is for competition, our health or our lives.  2 Timothy 4:7 says, I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
We all must keep the faith.  Faith in our God that he will carry us through the difficult times. Faith that we will survive our difficult times.  This week I have been reminded of my struggles through cancer and surviving through my patients I have cared for.  Their determination to live is a reminder of why I am nurse.  I help them survive.  I help them get through their struggles.
I feel blessed that I have experienced this and I am able to use this experience to help others.  One day my race will  be over and I want to be able to say that I have fought the good fight, I have finished my race and I have kept my faith.

Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment