Wednesday, November 21, 2012

getting fit is not so easy

I thought the other day that it was about time that I got down and dirty and get myself and my body back in a  good frame and shape of mind.  You know I have been told that if you exercise it will actually keep you in a good mindset.  So on Monday I decided to start again.
Now remember, about 2 1/2 months ago I was running on the treadmill.  Well to my disappointment, I was able, yes able, to walk on the treadmill for 15 minutes to reach my peak heart rate!!
My mindset?? still in question.

What's up with this??? I say.  Man, the discouragement I felt when I was done with that 15 minutes.  But I got back on it today and did it again.  I have to keep telling myself that I have to start somewhere, and this is that somewhere.

So pretty soon, I will be back to my old self and fit back into my clothes!!  I didn't want to believe it when others said I would gain weight with chemo.  I believe it now!!  20 pounds later.  And thanks to all my friends for telling me how great I look and I don't look like I have gained weight.  It kept me from feeling so bad about myself. I even had a friend tell me I looked "hot" being bald!! She is such a funny person!! HA

So now that I am done with chemo and all the sickly feelings that come with it, I am ready for a new beginning!! a new start for the new year.  A start for being healthy, not wasting any time, just spending my time with my friends, family and God. A time of not feeling bad, but feeling good about life and back to my running circles around everyone life.
I have seen everyone's thankful list this month. I haven't started one, but I would like to list my top 10:
1. Jesus, my Savior
2. Bible, it keeps giving me great advice and knowledge
3. Rob, the most wonderful husband
4. Erin and Tyler, my amazing kids
5. my family and friends, the best support I can have
6. health, my life
7. my awesome job
8.  my doctors who have great compassion
9. facebook, this kept me connected with everyone while I was down and it still does!
10. good drugs (aka phenergan!)

So there's my list this year. Now off to clean the house with the kiddos to get ready for tomorrow's holiday.

1 Thessalonians 5:18, "give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you".

Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment