Saturday, November 17, 2012

my normal life

Well I have taken my last chemo treatment last Tuesday.  And all I have to say is THANK GOD IT IS OVER!!!!  I don't think I can go through another week of feeling nauseous, sick and tired all the time.  I still am feeling sick now, but I am feeling a little better.  I am so glad my treatment wasn't over Thanksgiving holiday.  That would be a real bummer!!

So now, the next step in my recovery is radiation.  I go on the 27th to get marked then set up my schedule for treatments.  Dr. Cornett said I won't get sick, just feel tired, but Dr. Hargis also said I could still work while taking chemo and we all know how that went.  I will just have to see how it goes when I start it.

So here is what I am looking forward to, not being sick from chemo or taking this stupid chemo:
1. I want my normal life back.  At least some sort of normal.  I am ready for it.  I had to cancel my girl scout meeting last Thursday because of being sick.  You know I love my scouts!!!!  I hated to do that.  We will be getting together soon and having some normal fun!!
2. I want to take communion at church every Sunday
3.  I want to not be sick all the time
4. I want to not be in bed all the time
5.  I want to go shopping!!
6. I want to spend time with my husband and not plan around chemo symptoms
7. I want to have time with my kids and not be sick
8.  I don't want to be stuck with needles
9. I am ready to eat and not feel nauseous or have a bad taste in my mouth
10.  I AM READY TO BE ME!! TO GET BACK TO THE AUTUMN EVERYONE KNOWS!!

So throughout all of this so far, I have been taught a very big lesson and I am still learning.  To rely on God, not on me or others, but on God.  To trust  in him to provide, to get me through this illness, to support me and to carry me when I am at my lowest.  And I have been carried alot in the last  4 months.  I hope God is doing his workouts, because I have a feeling I will still need some carrying.

2 Corinthians 1:9, "Indeed, we felt that we have received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead."
And indeed he has raised me from the dead!!

Love to all,


No comments:

Post a Comment