Sunday, November 27, 2022

Sadness over holidays

 

Through the holidays, there is a lot of joy and happiness.  I am with my family, laughing, getting caught up on lost time. I see all the little kids all grown up! It is like I am having to ask "who is that?". They have boyfriends and girl friends now. The time just goes by so quickly. I feel so old!!! Stop the clock please!

But there are times when you are reminded of those that are not with you. Those that are gone from this earth and those that can't be with you. I miss having my grandparents around. My brother and his family couldn't make our dinner, I miss seeing him. My in-laws weren't able to come, I missed them as well. 

This holiday was one of the best and saddest for me. I got to be reunited with one of my best friends in the world...my cousin L. She has been sick for a long time and has refused visitors. I haven't seen her in 4 years. Well, she isn't doing very well and I was able to go visit with her. I am so happy to have that time with her but so sad that her health is not good. I miss her terribly. I miss all the times we were able to go and do things, to talk, complain about stuff.

As I visited with her, we went down memory lane of our younger days. Some of the crazy stuff we did (and some stuff I don't want to remember).  It was great to laugh with her. It was great to see her laugh. She let me take a picture with her, but I want to remember her the way she was, so full of life, beautiful smile, crazy heart and so bull headed! She still has her bull headedness, but in a loving way (haha).

We do not know how long we have on this earth, but I do know where I will be when my life is over.        L will be there too. No more pain, no more tears. 

So right now I will take whatever time she will give me. To visit her, hug her and love her. To be intentional....with all those I love.

Romans 8:18 "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."

Revelation 21:4 "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."


Love to all,


No comments:

Post a Comment