Sunday, November 6, 2022

oh, boy!

 



Tomorrow is the day. The day I cross over even more to middle age. Again, in my mind, I am still in my 20's.  When I look in the mirror, I say, "who is that person?!!" Sometimes I don't recognize the reflection. but ageing is part of life. It can be hard, but it can also be wonderful. I think of all the memories I have and all the people I have met and have in my life. This is truly a blessing for me. 

As we get older, we start to learn more and find our way. We are stronger in our faith and beliefs. 
Recently, I felt like I was being attacked. Mentally, emotionally, just attacked from all sides. Driving to work, I thought I wasn't going to make it through the day and my day hadn't even started yet. Have you ever felt that way?
So I remember something my mom has said many times, and at those times I did think how crazy she sounded. But at this point, I thought what would it hurt. I needed as much help as I could get, no matter how crazy it sounded. And I was alone, so no-one would know. Right?
So while I was driving, I just started praying. Which turned into me just saying the name of Jesus. Jesus. Jesus. Jesus. Over and over, through the tears, I just kept saying his name. And you know what? I could feel the anxiety leave. The tension. The pressure. I physically could feel it leave me.

I got to work and felt that I could function. I realize that I felt the love of Jesus that morning. All you have to do is ask. Cry out to him and HE will be there. 

So I continue to do this when I am feeling off. I don't think my mom's idea was as crazy now. But she still has some crazy things she does!

I am a child of God, his daughter and he loves me. I will never forget that.

"For God so loves the world that he gave his one and only son. That whosoever believes in him, will not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Love to all,
(P.S. tomorrow is my birthday and I will be the glorious......55 years young)

No comments:

Post a Comment