Sunday, March 6, 2022

Hallof Faith

 Hebrews 11:1; Now Faith is confidence of what we hope for and assurance of what we do not see. 

Who is in your hall of faith? No, not hall of fame. Faith. Do you have anyone? Think of someone you can always count on. This person is someone who is always there for you. Someone that if your were to have a date set to meet, you know that they would show up.  Do you have them in your mind yet? 

This is what faith is. Confidence of what you hope and sure of what you do not see.

Sometimes, though, people fail us. We are human. We make mistakes. We must forgive to move forward. They may cancel on your lunch date, or say the wrong thing at the wrong time. But haven't you done the same? I can think of times when family and friends tried to comfort me and said something that would make me think "are you serious?" 

Like: When I had cancer, I would hear things like, There is a reason this happened to you, it could be worse,  and the best one I heard was you have a good head to be bald.  I know I have an awesome and beautiful head but when you lose your hair for all the wrong reasons, this is something you don't want to hear. I know they didn't mean any harm, but....

God is with you and he has a plan. Through everything that you go through or whatever you are  doing to help someone through their tough times. You play a part in that. He doesn't tell you his plan. He doesn't tell you what your part is in this plan. You have to have faith that God knows what he is doing.  You have to hold on to God, sometimes tight, and let him guide you to where you need to be. He wants us in his story and we have to take that step of faith to be included in it. You may not know where you are going, but God does.

It doesn't always have to be hard times. We are part of this in the good times as well. We just don't see it when we are happy, we tend to remember the hard times more. For me, I think one of the parts I play in this plan is with my family. To be the best mom, aunt, wife, daughter that I can be. To be an example and show love. To carry on the traditions and life story of my family. My memories of this is fish fry picnics every year. KFC every Sunday after church at my grandpas house. Aunt Vicki's "fruit salad" at our family picnics. Camping and fishing every summer, (well I didn't fish, I dissected the worms). Reading the birth story of Jesus every Christmas (and fighting with my brother whose turn it is to read it, so that my dad had to start keeping track of it!).

If you want to make a change in the world, start with YOURSELF. Smile MORE. Have MORE fun.  Love MORE. And then you will SEE change. 




Love to all, 


No comments:

Post a Comment