Sunday, February 24, 2013

My new look



As I go out now, I am starting to realize that other people are taking notice of my new hair.  It's not that I mind, but it seems that when I am talking to someone or out in public, people are looking at my head.  When I wore the hats and scarves, it seems I didn't notice it or that no one really cared to look.  But now, my head draws attention to me.  Not sure if I like it, but I have to get use to it.
I guess this is God's way of my conversation starter for some.  I am comfortable with talking about my cancer and what has happened, but others may not be so comfortable with it.  

So as I deal with my insecurities and trials everyday, I asked God to give me a word in church today.  Funny how God will answer your question.  You may not like what his answer is or what he says, but he will answer you nevertheless.  Today, I got it.  I just want to share it with you.
My word didn't come from the sermon of Pastor Andy in Matthew 5, but came from the next page in my Bible in Matthew 6.  As my eyes wondered over the scripture, this particular verse caught my eye and spoke deep in my soul.  Matthew 6:25 Jesus says this: "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?"
As I read this, "do not be anxious", I think, I am so worried about work, the kids, money, bills and my list can go on and on and on..... But here God is telling me He has it all covered if I just let him.  If I just have faith and trust in Him. As a human, a sinner, my faith and trust comes and goes but God knows this and this is why he gave me His word, the Bible. To help me, guide me. So I need to trust in Him more and give it up to him and I will have peace.
Well Pastor Andy, your sermon didn't go unnoticed today.  God added onto my sermon in my heart.  You asked a question that just hit the very pit of my being today.  Does my faith in Jesus transform me (work in me) from the inside out?  In order for this to happen daily, I need to constantly keep my faith in God and as James 4:11 says, "Humble ourselves before the Lord and He will exalt you," 

So as I go on my daily life of worries and hardships, even though the tough part of cancer seems to be over, I give it all to God and put my trust in him, knowing that he will guide me and my family and provide for us. 

Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment