Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Is it hot in here???

Well, I love summer time and the hot weather.  But these hot flashes I don't like.  They come up at times when you least expect it.  I could be having a conversation and all of a sudden, BAM! A hot flash.  I get red in the face, and people take notice.  Then it goes away, only to happen again, and again.
The really best part (hear the sarcasm?) is when I am trying to sleep and I wake up sweating!! I am the cold one, always with 10 covers on me.  Not anymore.  The dogs love it that I put off so much heat.  They get to stay warm when they snuggle with me!!
Well, Dr. Hargis said he threw me into early menopause with the chemotherapy and now my daily medication I have to take.  Be careful out there what you ask for. I use to say,"I welcome it to come"  Now I know I didn't know what I was asking for. But that is all good. I know this will pass, just not soon enough. One a positive note, at least it is winter time and not summer.  These hot flashes would not be too fun in the summer!!
It is so funny that I was watching an episode of sex and the city. One of the characters has breast cancer and she was going through early menopause and having the sweats.  I don't have it as bad as they portray her to be but I feel like she looks.  It's nice to be able to laugh at something and know it is just a stage in my life. A chapter that is starting because the previous one closed.
God continually blesses me each day.  My hair is growing still!! I am finding my energy!!  I am trying to exercise and get back into shape. I am enjoying my life!!

Mark 11:22-24: "And Jesus answered them, Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, Be taken up and thrown into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

My mountain has moved so I can move onto better things in my life. I have learned so much from the experience and have grown so much.  Now onto the next mountain!

Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment