Sunday, August 19, 2012

beauty lesson

My beauty lesson happened yesterday. My hair has been falling out since Thursday. So I decided to take charge and not let this "C" take control of my life.  So I took control and Rob cut my hair.  Or I should say Buzzed my hair off.
Before I did this,I was so nervous.  It upset me that I was going to loose my hair. I don't know why. Why is your hair so important. I thought about this and I guess my answer would be that it is our security, we find strength in it.  Kinda like Sampson. God told him to never get his hair cut, it was his source of strength.  In a way, it can be ours too.  What is the first thing most people notice, your hair. So..... I bought 2 wigs and scarves to cover up my head.  But now that I have taken this into my own control, I am not so nervous or upset about it.  I guess  you can say that I have accepted it. I posted my pictures on my facebook and the response was so overwhelming positive.  I really didn't expect that.  I really don't know what I expected but not this.
So now with the help of my family and friends, I see my new self in a different light.  I guess you all made me see myself through God's eyes, as His beautiful child.
So as I always look to God and  his wonderful words for encouragement, He has told me in Colossians 3:10 "and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the IMAGE of its Creator."
So here are the pictures I promised: Here's the before from last Sunday, one week ago.
Here I am showing you how I was just pulling out my hair literally with my fingers going through my hair.
Here we go!!! I got my sock it to cancer sock monkey shirt on!  LOL
almost done....
AND HERE I AM!!
Love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment