Thursday, June 9, 2022

Mountains


 

Have you heard the saying, "you are making mountains out of mole hills."? Have you ever thought about how big your mountain is and if you would ever be able to get over it?

I was driving down the highway this morning and just driving through some hills. There was a small fog on the top of the trees. If you let your mind go, you can almost feel like you are driving through a mountain. When you get to the top of your mountain, and see the tops of the trees, it looks like a hill or a forest. How many times have we taken some small obstacle and made it into something bigger. 

I know I do this with some obstacles in my life. If I would only take a step back, take a deep breath and then look at it with fresh eyes, it would be manageable and not turn into a mountain. I have a lot going on in my life right now and feel I am being pulled in so many different directions. My job and the commitment and responsibilities I have and want to do. My family. That is a big part!! I will have stock in kleenex by the end of this summer.  It all started when the kids went to high school 10 years ago! Letting go is hard. then there was college. Then more college. Then Ty moving out last year. E moving out this year..actually in 2 DAYS!!! and then Ty moving back home in a month.  What is going on?????

I just have to say, no wonder I am the way I am.  But.....I love it. I love seeing my family grow, to see all of us be successful. I love my work family. I try to help where I can and give support. It is hard to balance that, but I think I do a pretty good job. My biggest barrier is I wish everyone could be as happy as I am, content, and have joy.  In order to have joy in your job, you need joy in your life. That's not to say you won't have those days that are hard to manage. But if you try to find the good in everything, it will be a little easier. 

Easy living and joy like the coon and turkey I saw at my parents house. Turkey walking around looking for food and the fat, lazy coon, laying on his side and eating! Both carefree and happy.

Psalm 51:10 ESV 

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.

Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment