Thursday, June 10, 2021

Grief

 Grief. It happens. Life happens. And how you handle it is different from everyone else. 

I have had a lot going on these last few weeks personally. 

* My dad in the hospital and not sure what was going on with him and what would happen to him.

* June 1 was the 9 year anniversary from my breast cancer diagnosis, which brings so many feelings and memories from that phone call.

* A great man from my church passed away, in the hospital I work in, which was hard seeing him sick, and his family in grief.

* taking my son to Florida to find an apt for him to move, dealing with my feelings about him moving 3 states away, and trying to learn to let go and grow up

* My mother in law going to be with Jesus this week.

All of these events have caused me to withdraw and my stress level increased.  I am having to concentrate on managing stress through meditation, prayer and being with my family.

I am doing ok, so no need to worry. I am planning my mission trip and that is keeping me busy.  Life is hard and when you start thinking about death and family moving away, it makes it harder. 

I don't want to think about losing any of my family, but I do know my God will be with me, never leave me. I am never alone. So I will be able to manage my son moving, it may take a little time, a few tears, but I will be ok.

In case you are wondering, my dad is doing great! He got a pacemaker and that has been a blessing. It is like seeing a new person. His health is so much better, and he is able to do so much more. 

So if you are going through a difficult time, feel like there is no end to trouble times or just feeling down, know that God is with you. You just need to call out to Him. He will answer.

Deuteronomy 31:6 ESV 

"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”

Love to all,



No comments:

Post a Comment