Sunday, April 12, 2020

the times of CV19

The Coronavirus.  It is scary and I am being told that our surge hasn't come yet. That is scary.
But I will not let my fear or anxiety of this virus take a hold of me.
It's sad that throughout all of this, we are asked to distance ourselves from others, no hugging, no visiting our family and neighbors, no going to parties or church worship. We are asked to tell families they cannot be with their loved one in the hospital. We are asked to be the person with our patient while they are critically ill and hold their hand in the place of their family. We are constantly having to be the person to try to comfort the family and give them confidence in a complete stranger that we will care for their loved one the way we care for our families. I think this is what satan wants, us to be in our house, feeling all alone. Us to be scared and give into our fears. This was shown when people went out and bought a ton of cleaners and toilet paper!
But I am here to remind you.  God said FEAR NOT.  He said it 365 times in the Bible.
I see everyday as I go out to go to work. I have to be strong for those who fear. I see confidence and amazing love EVERYDAY when I go to work. The people I work with put aside their fears to care for your family and loved one. They care for them as if their patient was their mother, brother, grandmother. The shed tears before the day begins because they know what the day will hold. They are strong everyday and shed tears after work as they take off their mask they had to wear all day to relieve the pressure from the day. These people get it all together before they go home to their family so they can be strong for their spouse, their kids.
We get asked all the time, how are you doing through this? We manage. WE get through it together. You see.  There is nothing like a family like my work family. We encourage each other, we sit next to each other when we need to cry, we listen when we need to let off steam.  We support each other, and without my work family and team, I would not be able to survive.

So even though times are hard, and they are saying that times will get even harder, I have the support of my family, my work family and ALWAYS MY GOD.

Here is some promises from our God:
Joshua 1:5: No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Deuteronomy 31:6, 8; Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. (8)The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.


Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment