Saturday, April 25, 2020

purpose

"Perhaps this is the moment for which you have been created." Esther 4:14

Have you ever asked, "What is my purpose? Why am I here?" I have asked this question throughout my life many times. But as in the scripture above, Esther asked this also. She questioned God when she was placed in situations that she was afraid of and scared to move forward. But God placed her exactly where she needed to be at that time.
Throughout my life, I have been placed in situations that I have questioned at that time, but looking back, it was the right place, right time.  I have had that scared feeling where you want to vomit from your nerves (and it isn't good when a little comes in your mouth!)
         When Robby and I were trying to get pregnant and nothing would work. We went through all the infertility treatments and then decided on IVF. With the wait and trust, we were blessed with 2 amazing kids. The right time was 6 years later!
          When I got cancer. That road was a scary, long road (and it still is) but I survived and learned a lot. I learned how strong I can be. I had to. There was a lot of nausea, pooping, crying (and not pretty cries, the ugly ones) all the while trying to work and keep my life as normal as I could. It not only affected me but my family, my kids. I didn't find out how much until much later after I started recovery. But it brought us even closer as a family.
          The challenges of being a mom to adult children. Yes my kids are 23 now and it is hard to believe that at their age I was married! I couldn't imagine them being married right now! My kids are still little in my mind. And I don't want to think about them getting older, because that means that I am old too!
          COVID-19; I don't think I need to say more.  This is difficult times for all the front line workers and all the essential workers.  People think that only nursing is essential, but there are many parts to essential to keep our world surviving this crisis.
So what does all this mean? It means, that these moments in my life and many more to come is what I was created for. All our experiences in life are just that, experiences and we survived. And others may be going through them and you have experience to help them through it.  My experiences can help someone with struggles with infertility or cancer because I lived it, I know their emotions they are going through.  Covid-19, I know and see the stress and anxiety of nurses and other staff working in the hospital. I can help them through it.
So when you start to question the trial or struggle you are going through. Do not fear. You are right where you need to be. This is what you were created for. Be strong. Be courageous.
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. (Zig Ziglar)

Love to all,


No comments:

Post a Comment