Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Be the Ativan


Be the Ativan. I bet you are all wondering what that means.
Well let me tell you. 
It means: to be the calm, Be the light, To be someone's person.
Well, during all this covid stuff, someone I work with said to me, "Autumn, be the ativan" and it just stuck with me. You see, as a nurse, I sometimes give ativan to my patient's to help them when they are anxious or need some help being calm. This is what we should be doing to those around us that are anxious about what is happening in our country and our world. We need to be the calm amidst the storm.
So when you are feeling anxious, think "Be the ativan". When you see someone freaking out, be their person, be their ativan! I know sometimes I feel like freaking out when I have to wear this mask all day!  Or when I feel down because I have to tell another family member that they are not allowed to visit.
But I am the calm and help find other ways to help the families be with their loved one that is in the hospital. This is how to be the ativan!

So, we believe this slogan so much, that we had shirts made to shout it out to everyone!

We are all in this together. Support each other and we will survive.
Here are my people that help me through these times. (I circled myself)


1 Peter 5:7; Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment