Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Being a parent

Being a parent is a tough job.  I have a lot of friends that are just now starting their families and I just want to say, savor every minute.
My kids can be frustrating!  It has been different things throughout them growing up.  As kids they would just throw their clothes and toys or other things all over the house.  Hey, wait a minute, they still do that!!! I am sure, matter of fact I know, I have caused frustration with my parents.  But we are not talking about me!
I wouldn't trade anything for the times I have with them.  The times we talk or argue, the times we have hugged, the times I play with Erin's hair or trade back rubs with Ty, or just sitting in the living room, all of us together, not having to say a word.  This is my family.  I love my family.
I am now, yet again, sending them off again to school this week.  The difference is this: 1- they are seniors this year and 2- this fall semester they are spending in DC.  I am so happy they have the opportunities to experience life if full while they can before the "real" world comes.  But why does it have to be so far? and why do our kids have to grow up so fast!
Whirlwind back in time with me~~ my kids are 4, I put them to bed every night.  And every night I rock them in their rooms and sing to them.  Just me and them, individually, sitting, snuggling.  I remember this like yesterday!  They are in chorus and band concerts, playing and singing their hearts out.  I am in the passenger seat, teaching them how to parallel park in an empty parking lot. And so many more memories that I don't ever want to forget.  I hope I have given them many memories too.
So as sad as my heart is knowing I am going to have to let go yet again, my heart is full, because I know I have raised my kids to be an amazing man and woman of God. 

Psalm 55:22- "Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken."

Love to all,



No comments:

Post a Comment