Wednesday, August 23, 2017

saying goodbye again

It is so hard for me when the kids have to go back to school after being home all summer.  I joke about how ready I am for them to go back, but in reality, it is hard and I am going to miss them.  (I am really  happy about having a clean and neat house back though)
We started packing Erin's stuff today.  Most of my car and her car is packed full with her stuff.  Tyler moves in Saturday so I will have to do this all over again then!! But Erin has a lot more stuff than Tyler.  I think that is a girl thing!
I think college is a prep for parents when we send our kids off on their own.  Both of mine are traveling abroad this winter and will have internships next summer.  Oh my!  It is hard for me to believe that they are old enough to be adults to do this.  My stress level will be a 10+ this winter.
My prayers for them are for safety, wisdom, patience and calmness in their daily walks and activities.
These verses are for them but also for me and other parents sending off their kids to school.

Ephesians 6:10 "Finally be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power."
1 Corinthians 16:13, "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong."

Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment