Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Is Jesus worth it?


I was asked this question tonight.  I went out with my mom to the movies tonight to see the one night showing of The Insanity of God.  It was a great movie about being called to the mission field and persecution that christians face just because of loving and believing in Jesus.  The stories this man told from his interviews of regular people who are persecuted for believing in Jesus and their faith and trust they have in Jesus is unbelievable.  I want to believe that my faith is as strong as theirs, but my fear is that when faced with what these people have and still are faced with, I won't be as strong. How can I be stronger?  How can I not let the evil one into my heart and tell me lies then only to believe them?
I am a work in progress.  Only God knows my heart and he knows me.
So the question is, Is Jesus worth it?  ABSOLUTELY! He is worth everything.  Without him, nothing is possible.  Jesus commands us to "go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit". Matthew 28:19.  This means to go out into our communities, out of our comfort zones and tell the world about Jesus.
So this is why my heart is passionate about going out, going to Honduras.  Jesus is building the flame in my heart for missions and to tell his story, to spread his name to all nations.

Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment