Tuesday, May 17, 2016

my family complete

I will be packing up Erin and Ty and getting them home today for the summer from college!  I am excited to bring them home.  It feels like there is a hole in our home when they are gone.  I understand what my parents felt when I moved out.  It is a hard transition.  My heart is full of love right now, but lets see how many times Erin and I argue today!!
I am truly blessed with my family.  Make the most of your time with your family, and treat each day special.  You only get this one life, don't waste it away.
That is what I try to do.  I want to live my life to the fullest.  But as I feel I need to fill my life with so much, sometimes you need to take a break.  In my study I am in, Pricilla Shirer is teaching me to "keep the sabbath".  This means to take a day to refresh myself.  No work, no activities.  Just time for me and my family and reconnect.
Throw out all the guilt of not working, or cleaning house, and take this time for yourself.  It will only make you stronger.  God rested after he completed his work.  If we do not rest, then we become slaves to our busyness in life.  Gal 5:1 says, "For freedom Christ has set set us free; stand firm therefore and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery."

So set up your boundaries and parameters around yourself.  Free from slavery from work, social media, running the kids around all over town, keeping up with the Jones'.  Or whatever has enslaved you in this life.

Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment