Sunday, May 8, 2016

in a pit



Do you ever feel like you are in a pit and it it just keeps getting deeper?  I think we all have felt this way and some are in the pit now.  I know my pits are not that deep but sometimes I feel like they are deep.  The evil one is putting thoughts in my mind to have me concentrate on these things that are bringing me down to get me even lower.  He causes me to concentrate on the things that are bothering me and they start to consume my thoughts.  This starts to affect my daily life and my witness for God.  This is what satan wants.
So today in my studies, I turned to the wrong scripture but I wonder if that wasn't the hand of God directing me.  I read Psalms 61:1-4, "Hear my cry O God, listen to my prayer.
From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint, lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.
I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings."

So as I feel the darkness of my pit, I hear God telling me that he hears me and my prayers and that he is my shelter.  What an amazing comfort for me.   You take comfort in this too.

Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment