Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I love my family

I have had the most wonderful week!!  First, I went on vacation with my kids and in-laws.  Yes that is what I said, my mother-in-law and father in-law.  They are not like any in-laws you may read about.  They are like my second set of parents.  I just love them.  We had a great time together this week on a cruise. 
Then I was able to keep my niece, Anna Belle Saturday night.  Well, I understand now why I do not have any more kids!  She kept me going!!  At the park, walking the dog, running around outside.  All I heard was, lets go outside.  I was ready for bed that night!  But it was such a joy to have her here and to spend some time with her.  She is a blessing.


Then on Sunday, was our FISH FRY!! Jacob came home from boot camp and it was great to honor him and his decision to be a Marine.  The stories from his experiences this past 3 months are great.  It is always good when family gets together. We are so spread out, that it is hard to see everyone except on  holidays.  And being in the medical field, you know we are not exempt from working those days.





 We also celebrated my papaw Wix. Sunday would have been his 96th birthday.  He was the one as far back as I can remember, started the fish fry's and getting everyone together at least a few times in the summer.  So many memories of them at Dover lake and Horseshoe lake.
A big thanks to my parents, David and Gwen, for hosting it too.  Dad made the fish just right!!  I am so lucky that they want to carry on the traditions of this and I hope that I can carry it on for my kids and grandkids!

So now it is back to work tonight, back to life, vacation is over.  But I will always have the memories.

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, His love endures forever.  1 Chronicles 16:34

 Love to all, 

No comments:

Post a Comment