Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I'm a survivor!

As of today, I am now a survivor of breast cancer!!  I have finished my treatments and Dr. Hargis gave me a positive report!  So now onto my new life.  All I can think about is the song from Survivor: Eye of the Tiger.  I have gone the distance and now I am back on my feet! watch the video in case you don't remember this song from back in the day! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEjgPh4SEmU
I feel like it is kinda like being reborn,  the old is gone and the new has come.  As I look back at what me and my family has been through, I feel renewed.
So I have planned to have my port removed in the next few weeks and my mammogram is scheduled for August 28th.
It was a celebration at the infusion center today as I was not the only one celebrating my last treatment.  The nurses also celebrate when we survive!! I got confetti, a song and a certificate of completion!!  I think I will frame it with the one from radiation.  Kinda like a battle award. A reminder to me that I can get through anything and how strong I can be in the face of defeat.

So my favorite Bible verse has brought me to this point and I have renewed strength, soaring on wings like eagles!! Isaiah 40: 28-31
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Love to all,



 the best nurses EVER!!!
Tracy the best nurse!!

1 comment: