Friday, August 21, 2026

Helping me stay young, I think!


 Yep that's me when I was a toddler. Wasn't I soooo cute! And I need to remember how sweet and adorable I was as I work with the kids at church. 

But, I want to say to myself, what was I thinking! I mean, I started volunteering with the kids on Wednesday nights. I showed up this past Wednesday, our first time since breaking for the summer, not knowing what my "job" would be. Well, boy did I find out. 

Our ministry director gave me a book and said I was the kindergarten teacher. Well, I guess that is what I get for saying, "use me wherever the need is."And she did. But if I have learned anything from all the mission trips I have taken it is to BE FLEXIBLE! So I will.

Then I met my class. There is only 4, thank goodness. But LAWD have mercy! Energy does not explain what is happening in this class. They have so many words and can't sit still for a second. This is going to be a challenge for sure. The last 20 minutes of our time we are outside or in the gym. I am almost thinking that maybe this should be the first part! But we went outside to the playground area. I tried to play with them and they looked at me like I had 4 heads. What I thought I was being funny, they did not! I do have my work cut out for me with these kids. They are a tough group to win over.

I wonder if I was like that when I was young. I don't remember my kids being that way.

Luke 18:16; “But Jesus called the children to him and said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.’”

Matthew 18:3;“And he said: ‘Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.’”

Love to all, 

No comments:

Post a Comment