Saturday, February 3, 2024

Overwhelmed

 


Ever felt that feeling? Overwhelmed? Like there just isn’t enough time in the day to get everything you want to do done? I feel that sometimes, well, actually a lot if I am honest with myself. That overwhelmed feeling is from Satan trying to keep us so distracted that we can’t focus on our quiet time, keeping us on edge so we will be anxious and maybe even loose our temper! 

I have been this way ever since I have come back from my Mexico mission. I have felt like there has been so much to do and concentrating on all that work has kept me so busy and so tired.  Trying to get caught up at work has caused me to neglect myself.  I don’t want to go to the gym (and everyone knows that I need the gym!). I am just so “peopled out” that I don’t want to talk to anyone when I get home. So tired.. This old gal has gone to bed at 8:30!!! (I may not be old but my body feels it!) 

But what this busyness does is it also takes away from you the time you spend with your family. That is the whole point of Satan doing this….to separate you from family, from things that you enjoy, but most of all his ultimate goal is to separate you from God! 

He gets in your thoughts and mind and uses those negative thoughts against you. 

It’s kinda like the tree in the picture. You feel like the life has been sucked out of you but then God….he does something amazing! He sprouts something new in you out of those seemingly dead branches.

Take time to slow down. When you feel like you are not being productive, it’s probably because Satan has you so busy, you can’t think about anything else! I doing just that…s..l…o..w.. down. Start a new page. Sometimes we have to hit that reset button, and I think I hit that button at least once a day! But that is ok. You do what you need to do to get back on that path that God has for you. He will never leave you, and he holds our hand and sometimes carries you! 

Take the time for yourself, but also have that quiet time with Jesus. He will reset you and get you ready for whatever is thrown your way! 

John 15:5-11

I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 

Love to all, 

1 comment:

  1. Sadly this is so true thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete