Thursday, May 12, 2022

cycle of habits


Have you ever felt like you are in a cycle? A cycle of just repeating your habits you are trying to break? I mean, you make a stand for yourself and just keep going back to the old  habit.  For example, on Sunday, you pray with your full heart to God that you will watch what you say, your words, your actions and asking God to forgive you of the past week and lead you into this next week. You feel good because you are ready to tackle work, the people you meet (ie Walmart!) and the world. Then by Wednesday, you are back into your habits.  

Yes, I am talking about me!! But I am sure I am not alone in this. I have many faults, but you know what? I know I can start over that day. This is what GRACE is. I hear a lot about receiving grace or giving grace to others. But do you actually give YOURSELF grace? Do you forgive yourself? This is a hard thing to do. We beat ourselves up over the smallest things and dwell on them. When all we have to do is forgive ourselves.  God forgives us, why can't we?

I heard a song and it said "thank God for Sunday morning".  I thank God for every morning. Because I know I don't need to wait to Sunday morning to be forgiven. I just need to confess and try my best to not repeat it and be the best person I can be. And WHEN I fail, I know I can get back up and start over. And I don't have to do it alone. 

God's grace never ends. He will continue to give you that grace as long as you come to him with an open heart in forgiveness.

God's grace flows from the essence of his being: “The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness” (Exodus 34:6, ESV)

Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment