Sunday, November 14, 2021

You matter

 



You matter. Yes you! Sometimes we need to hear this. I know I need to hear some positive affirmations at times. To have a hug or a note saying that I matter, I am loved.  I got this great book from a dear friend for my birthday and despite it being a fast read (I read it in like 20 minutes! which is a miracle), it has some wonderful advice. It raised a lot of thoughts in me that I have had thought about. And I know that if I have had them, and still do, that there is many more that have. So I would like to talk about these.

1. "When have you been your strongest? "The answer in the book was: "When I have dared to show my weakness."  How true. During my most difficult times, I have felt so weak but have been my strongest as well.  I know that it is because that at my weakness, I trust in God more. I lean on him to give me strength.

2. "Asking for help is not giving up. It is refusing to give up."  So many times I have wanted to throw the towel in and give up. But something inside of me tells me to keep going. It may be my competitiveness that I have to keep going and not give up the fight. But asking for help, is not failure, it is getting me through my fight. No matter what fight you are going through, we always need help to stand, or kneel to get through it.

3. "Is your glass half empty or half full?" The book answers, "I am grateful to have a glass."  This is my favorite. and I think most Interesting. This caused me to pause. Because I always look at the worse case scenario.  What would I do if.... But never thought to thank God for just having the glass. For just having the situation, conversation, hug,  trouble, fight for my life situations. I think if we all looked at it as thankful for having the glass, then no matter how full or empty it is, we can get through it or help each other through it.

4. "We have such a long way to go. Yes but look at how far we have come."  I love this as well. Sometimes I look at how much more I have to complete and never reflecting on where I have come from or how much I have accomplished. Yes, we need to focus on where we are going, but we also must stop and reflect on where and what we have done. This will keep us moving for our goals, for healing of our mind and body, for our positive spirit.

And lastly, "Always remember you matter, you're important and you are loved. and you bring to this world things no one else can. We all bring something to this world. We are all different. This is what makes our world so wonderful. It can be scary at times, but step out in faith. Show your beautiful colors so others may see the beauty in you.

We are all created in Christ, equally, in God's image. This means we are all brothers and sisters, no matter what we look like.

Colossians 1:16-17; For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Revelation 7:9-10; After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”

Love to all,


book credits to: The boy, the mole, the fox and the horse. By Charlie Mackesy





No comments:

Post a Comment