Sunday, March 27, 2016

I'll take what I can get

Sometimes you just don't get to do everything you would like to.  I push myself and push harder because I just don't know what it means to take it easy.  I have done it again.  After my surgery, I thought I would just bounce back, quick. But that is not what is happening. I have tried not to take a lot of pain medications and tried not to be down to long.  I stayed in bed that first and second day, but by Saturday, I was getting restless.  I should have known better, because I am paying for it today and of all days.  I did go to mom's to be with our family for the celebration of Easter but I was only able to stay a little while and had to come home.   I know it sounds like I'm feeling sorry for myself, and maybe I am.  I am praying this is the last surgery that I will have to have that is related to my cancer.  I am hoping this will put most of my worries to rest and I can move on.  I thought I had moved on when I got the all clear 2 years ago but you never really do.  There is reminders that come up in everyday life that tell you to never forget.
But the one thing that gets me through it all is knowing that Jesus has taken all my burdens. When I start to feel this way and feel the heavy burden of what is going on in my mind, I just give it up.  People ask me how I can stay positive through all of this.  Jesus is how I do it. When I start to feel down, I just pray-have a little conversation with my God and it helps.

So even though I didn't get to spend Easter like I wanted to, I still was blessed with seeing my family and loving on them, even if it was just for a short time.

"Teach me to do you will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground." Psalm 143:10

Love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment