Well, things seem to be "back to normal" since coming home from my mission trip. I am not sure if I like normal anymore. I did have covid when I got back and thankfully that is gone, except for this lingering, nagging cough. But now being back into the same old routine, work, eat sleep, clean house, walk dog, make cucumbers.....I kinda miss the other stuff of when I am out on mission. So I am going to start volunteering at church with the KIDS!
What am I thinking! My kids are 29 yo, what do I know about kids nowadays. Well, I guess I will learn. I guess they will see me now as the memaw figure, (btw I don't want to be thought of as a memaw just yet!). Tomorrow is the training for awana's kids. It will be Wednesday nights starting next week. I pray that I have made the right choice. But what can go wrong? All you have to do is sing and play, right? I am sure they are going to wear me out, me being a memaw age!
I think since being back home, I have been a little more laid back. Not letting things bother me as much, and if it does, praying about it and then leaving it with God. Like yesterday at work. I had a patient family not happy with me not calling them to update them. I knew they would be in the hospital later that day and planned on talking with them then, but they were expecting me to call them. They were very upset with me (which is an understatement). Well they let me have it. I apologized but that was not enough. Sometimes you just gotta say, I'm sorry, and there is nothing more you can do but to just walk away. So I did just that. Now, I was trying to hold back my tears of frustration, but I got through it. And I am still showing up, doing my job for all my other patients today.
Whenever your frustrated or feel like your in a rut, look and examine what is going on. Maybe God is just leading you to something new. You have to be brave to listen and go do what He sets before you.
James 1:19; "My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger."
Isaiah 40:31: "Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint."
Love to all,
No comments:
Post a Comment