Yesterday was the last of the pickle making. I can't believe that it is already over. Pickle making is only about 2 months and it went fast. And I can't believe how many cucumbers my little garden made!! It was awesome for a first time garden. I hope it pulls through next year. I mean, this year I didn't think there was ever going to be pickles. The first batch of plants died off and I had to scurry and find some plants to replant and start the garden over. Just look at when we started and then yesterday with the last pick of the garden. It came a long way!
And the last day of canning, we got 33 pints! A great way to end the season.
So here are the totals: drum roll please.......177 pints total made!! whoo hoo! And I can say no trips to the ER this year. But I did burn my finger on the hot water the last day!
I want to give thanks to everyone that supported me, donated for my mission trips and prayed over me. It means a lot to have this support.
I will continue to make pickles every year. I just love to do it and even though I don't make a lot off of them, It is something that I can do pretty good, so people tell me. And I like to bring joy to others too.
I have to give a big thanks to my late G.ma Wix whose recipe I use. (even though it took me a few years to talk my cousin into giving it to me!!).
So for now, I will enjoy my pickles, as long as they last, with my dinner. I am sure they won't last the year! Especially with my dad eating the whole jar when he opens it!
Psalm 7:17: "I will give thanks to the Lord to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High."
Psalm 9:1, which says, "I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds."
Psalm 136:1: "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever."
Love to all,





No comments:
Post a Comment